Wednesday 4 December 2013

Lets Make Pancake!


My son loves to eat pancake, especially when I let him eat it with honey. We usually make it for breakfast but today, we did it for tea time.

He thinks that it's easy to do it by himself and today, I let him do most of the work. Since the stove at our house is too high for him to reach, I did not let him pour the batter in the pan nor flip the pancakes. After all, I think it is not the time yet for him to do the cooking on the stove as he is still too young to handle that. 

I obtained the recipe for this pancake from Nami of Just One Cookbook http://justonecookbook.com/blog/recipes/dorayaki-japanese-red-bean-pancake/. It's actually a recipe for Dorayaki but we eat it as a pancake. I also modified the recipe a bit to make it less sweet so that JS can add honey on it as he eats. So, I did not add honey and also, I added only two tablespoons of sugar. I usually halved the ingredients as it's only for both of us. 

Here are some of the pictures of JS making the pancakes.


JS whisking the egg and sugar
JS measuring the flour to be used for his pancake

JS with the pancakes he made.

2 comments:

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Thank you so much for trying my recipe! I'm so proud of JS! He is a great mommy's helper already! :)

Gladys said...

Thanks Nami for sharing all the great recipes! JS also loves the teriyaki chicken I cooked using your recipe.