Thursday 6 February 2014

Braised Pork Belly in Soy Sauce


Since I was a little girl braised pork belly in soy sauce has been my favourite Chinese dish. Fortunately my husband and son also love this dish so I get to cook it as often as I like. I love to eat it with sambal. It just tastes heavenly! You should try it if you haven't. 

Here I would like to share with you the recipe of this dish and the different ways of serving it. 

Braised Pork Belly in Soy Sauce
Ingredients: Star anise, Sichuan peppercorns, cloves, cinnamon, fennel, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, sesame oil, water, sugar, tapioca starch
Marinate meat in all the ingredients above except dark soy sauce, sugar and tapioca starch for a few hours. Heat wok and brown meat and all other marinate ingredients except the soy sauce. Add the soy sauce only when all sides of the meat is already brown. Cook for a few more minutes and add dark soy sauce. Cook for another few more minutes and add water. Simmer until meat is tender then add a bit of sugar and tapioca starch (which is pre dissolved in water) and cook until sauce thickens. 

JS loves noodles so this is for him.

My hubby and I enjoyed it with porridge. 



No comments: