Thursday 12 March 2015

Doing It On My Own

One of JE's latest addiction is walking in her first pair of shoes. Besides her own, she also likes to walk in her brother's. 

One afternoon a few days ago, she spent about an hour trying to put on the shoes, walking in them and taking them off. 

It was good practical life skills practice for her and most importantly, she had so much fun. 

Here are some of the pictures of her trying to put on her shoes in different positions. 




Then she decided to try on her brother's shoes. 




I finally got it right!


This is nothing new, nothing special, nothing extraordinary. It is just a phase every child goes through but I love watching how she does it on her own - her struggles, her determination, the smile on her face when she finally did it. Basically, I love to observe how she works on her own because it tells me so much about her personality. It is the best way to get to know her. 


No comments: